Welcome to Flynns Wines
- VISIT US Enjoy a taste experience in Cellar door and fantastic food & wine in the bistro for lunch, whilst overlooking the vineyard.
- JAMES HALLIDAY 2015 Wine Companion: - Flynns Wines score amazingly! 2011 James Flynn Shiraz 95/100, 2012 Jimmy Junior Shiraz 94/100 "exceptional value"!, 2011 Flynns MC Shiraz, 2012 Lewisroad Shiraz, 2012 Sangiovese all 93/100. A true testament to Greg & Natala's vision and passion, once again giving the winery a five star rating.
- SHOP Unique local products available: Crochet animals by Emileena.,"Melt" soy candles by Jayme Hudson, Soaps by Jules, Olives & olive oil by John our next door neighbour......and more, see you soon.
- ACCOMMODATION Our renovation on Heathcote Retreat Motel is inspiring!, We have transformed it into a retreat destination at a great price. 3 bedroom house & 10 Motel Rooms. Coming soon: 7 x 2 bedroom fully self contained units, BBQ area & play area for children.
- FLYNNS CELLAR DOOR & BISTRO will be closed for private functions on Saturday 18th October, Saturday 25th October, Saturday 1st November & Saturday 8th November 2014. Sunday trading will be as normal.
Greg & Natala Flynn - We established Flynns Wines 15 years ago. click on the About Us button above for more.
“Wonderful all round”
We had a delicious meal here on a sunny Saturday. The venue has superb views, excellent food and very welcoming staff. Book a table and head out there. You won't be disappointed. 14 September 2014 Tripadvisor
“Lovely position and great food”
If you are spending a weekend in Heathcote visiting the wineries I recommend booking a lunch at Flynns Bistro winery. Its on the way to the well known Jasper Hill winery. We ate a lovely sticky lamb shank along with the venues to shiraz. Excellent. Lovely place and relaxing place for a bite of lunch. 4 September 2014 Steve H Tripadvisor
We ended up in Flynn’s for some wine tasting and a lunch after a drive and a walk in the Heathcote area. The winery surely has some great wines which go well with their nice lunches and their staff is extremely helpful. Needless to say, that we had to take a few bottles home. 3 September 2014 Chantal Tripadvisor
View Tripadvisor for further reviews
Friday - Light lunches
Saturday & Sunday Full Menu
Cellar Door 11am-5pm
Menu specials: See bistro page for full menu
Winemakers Plate: Chargrilled fennel, pepper beef, salt & pepper calamari, polenta chips, Istra pastrami, Le Dauphin cheese, Asparagus spears, roasted pumpkin dip, chilli jam
Pinapple tart, chantilly cream, vanilla fairyfloss
Lemon Delicious Pudding
Chocolate brownie cake, raspberry sauce & cream
House baked cookies: Choc chip or Cranberry & orange
Contact us: Phone:(03) 5433 6297 Mobile: 0407 800 047
How to find us:
We are situated 13kms North of the Heathcote township on the Northern Highway, on the way to Echuca, Lewis Road is on the left (coming from Melbourne) with signage on the corner of Lewis Road and the Northern Highway. - see us on a map
Greg and Natala searched for 18 months, looking at 45 properties before purchasing the current Flynns Wines vineyard site in 1998 which is located 13kms north of the Heathcote township on a strip of the red cambrian period soil that is sought after for vineyard establishment.
We established the vineyard from scratch in 1999. Undertaking all the work ourselves we put in 2000 trellising posts, strained 50kms of trellis wire and built a barn that would eventually become the winery, cellar door and bistro. Fourteen years on, we have just completed our 10th vintage! We make the wines ourselves onsite.
We have now gained a grass roots following for our wines particularly from the many visitors we have welcomed through Cellar Door and by consistently providing our customers with quality wines that reflect individuality and Heathcote regional characteristics. Its also very encouraging to receive some recognition by industry leaders like James Halliday in his 2008 Wine Companion (5 out of 5 stars for the winery and one of the ten best new wineries) and subsequent great reviews in the following years.
We are a little unusual in the current wine industry because we grow grapes, make the wine and sell the majority of it ourselves through Cellar Door and good independent restaurants and retailers across Australia. We have Ryan Fine Wines distribute our wines in Melbourne CBD. The majority of vineyards will only undertake one or two of these areas. We think this gives us better control of the process from start to finish. We also do Contract Winemaking for other growers in our region which is very interesting working with small parcels of fruit, all varied due to terroir of the Heathcote sites.
Five years ago we built the Heathcotean Bistro which is attached to the Cellar Door and Winery. Our family 'love food' it is a very big part of our life and we want to share great flavoursome bistro style food with our customers. Our seasonal menu is created by Natala using great ingredients sourced from our kitchen garden, orchard and local producers which is matched to wines that compliment the food. Often the food you are eating has been picked that morning!
Our wine list includes our own wines, both current and back vintages and other local wines. Our beverage list includes Local beers from Tooborac Brewery, Hepburn Springs mineral waters, Dimattina coffee Melbourne and Larsen and Thompson teas from Brunswick.